Friday, February 21, 2014

Let's Catch Ya Up to Speed

I figure before we go any further, I should really catch you up on just how this girl from a small beach town in Florida somehow found herself on the other side of the country! Oh Lordy, well I guess this means that we will go back to the very beginning of "us"... 

After graduating from the University of Florida in 2011 and taking a year off to figure out what the heck I wanted to do with my life, I started a one year, accelerated bachelors of nursing program at the University of South Alabama in July of 2012. I'm not gonna lie, I really needed that year off. How many other times in your life do you have a moment to breathe and take a step back to look at your life and figure out what direction you want to take, right?! After a crazy year of ups and downs, I was finally starting a new chapter in the rest of my life by taking the steps towards a career and passion for nursing. I was so excited and was very adamantly telling everyone that I was going to stay single and focus solely on school! NO BOYS! Well.... that lasted for a week. (Hehehe) I was studying for my first test in the local Starbucks in Gulf Breeze, when this cute guy sat down at the table next to me and asked me for a pen. Little did I know that after a few study dates (Chris was studying for flight school for the Marines) which led to a date which led to dating, falling in love, moving in together, getting a puppy, graduating from nursing school, getting his wings and getting stationed at Camp Pendleton, California! Whew- all that happened in a little over a year! Talk about a whirlwind! 

One of our first dates :) Sept, 2012
Getting to see the "mighty" T-6 trainer jet
Marine Corps Ball, Nov. 2012
5 day hike on Appalachian Trail, Feb 2013
Nursing School Graduation, July 2013
Chris's Winging Ceremony, Sept. 2013
Officially with his wings! (Ain't he handsome ;)
We got our German Shorthaired Pointer puppy, Red! Aug. 2013
Ninja Turtles, Halloween 2013
Heading to Cali! Nov 2013
Red the co-pilot
The mountains in New Mexico
Finally in San Diego! Childrens' Pool in La Jolla, Nov 2013
Red enjoying the dog beach in Del Mar
Finally in our new house in Temecula! Thanksgiving, 2013
Made a quick trip back to Pensacola to be the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding :) Dec 2013
Hiking Palomar Mountain (Red is getting bigger by the day)
Christmas Puppy, Dec 2013
Day hike & camping the Pacific Crest Trail (Red's first overnight hike!) Jan 2014
25th Birthday! Took a trip to LA to get Georgetown Cupcakes and see the Hollywood Walk of Fame Jan., 2014
Found Marilyn Monroe's prints!


Whew! Are we all caught up?! What a wild ride! Well now that we have all of that covered, we can focus on the new adventures that we are having while exploring our new home! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment